Sounds of my day
On any given day, my life is filled with the following “noises”
- Joshua, upon waking, singing “little rabbit in the woods” and taking much time to emphasize the part about the hunter shooting him dead, ending with a lovely staccato note on “abide”
- Isaac telling me that something isn’t safe
- Isaac telling Joshua that something isn’t safe
- Joshua telling Isaac that he is “weally, weally angwy wiff him”
- Joshua asking if he can “cozy me”
- Isaac telling me a joke, like this morning’s – “Hey Mom, what do you call two spiders who just got married?” …”Newly Webs! Ha ha ha, isn’t that so funny because it sounds like…..Hey Mom, what’s it sound like?”
- The phone ringing with yet another collection agent for Maria-something or other- who used to have this phone number before me. Poor Maria must be in a heap of debt.
- The theme song to Wow Wow Wubbzy…Wubbzy Wubbzy Wow Wow! Dear Jesus.
- The sounds of two little boys laughing hysterically at something in their bunk beds while they are supposed to be sleeping. Whatever it is, it is so funny that Joshua is wheezing. Maybe the spider joke again?
- The sound of silence as my little men have finally given in to sleep and are now sprawled like chubby starfish, arms above their heads, dreaming of their days.
The sounds of motherhood are unique in each house, yet all the same somehow.