I want you to think that I have it all together. I want you to believe I am rocking this thing called life. All day, every day and with damn good hair.
However if you’ve ever had a conversation with me you’d know that within 5 seconds my cover as “chick who has it together” is blown. So, I guess I may as well lay it out there. On any given day, I am mostly overtaken by small creatures that need things. Especially at 2am in the morning. I work full time outside the home. That is just crazy.
Mostly however, I am extraordinarily ordinary. I have more in common with you than we have time to talk about – I am the girl next door and frankly, that b%*ch is messed up.
Below are some specifics:
I am a two “n” Jenn. Don’t call me Jenny. Jenny is a female jackass. I learned that from a mean boy in 3rd grade. No one has called me Jenny since. Alright, Jenn it is!
I love writing, reading, playing with my kids and talking politics. My husband rocks and we have been married for 12 glorious (hi honey!) years. We were clearly married at age 12 because I cannot be old enough to have been married that long. Nope.
We have two little boys, Isaac is 5 and Joshua is 2. We now have 3 little boys, Isaac will be 8 in March, Joshua will be 5 in March Eli is 2 this month. I had all kinds of pregnancy drama, involving a genetic mutation and it really helped me out to read this and this.
Other than that, here are some pertinent things about me:
- I have a degree in Political Science. I started but didn’t finish a Master’s in Public Administration – sometimes I’m a quitter.
- I once sang a a Bette Middler song in a “scholarship pageant” and it was awful. (no it wasn’t “Wind beneath my wings”)
- I love to run. Okay, I run because it clears my mind but it hurts. I ran a half marathon last year and it was pretty awesome.
- I know every word to House of Pain’s Jump Around and Billy Joel’s We Didn’t Start the Fire – please don’t hate me for that.
- I love Jesus, I don’t always like organized religion.
- I have been pregnant 5 times but only have 2 children. I have been pregnant 6 times and have 3 beautiful boys, apparently my statistics are getting better with age, too bad my skin isn’t. My path to being a mommy wasn’t easy but it certainly made me appreciate how amazing the whole process is.
- I love to read Jodi Piccoult and Jennifer Weiner books, typical chic lit – I am very predictable like that. I used to love to read these kinds of books. Sometimes I still sneak one in but for the most part I try to stay away from what I now call “female romance fantasy” whereby we all learn to believe that romantic love is the end all be all in life. I just don’t buy that lie anymore.
- I have struggled mightily with depression and anxiety, it isn’t something I’ve enjoyed but it has taught me a lot. Like don’t judge and speak kindly because you don’t know what people are dealing with on the inside.
- I repeatedly grow my hair out and then cut it and then hate it and then grow it again. It is a vicious cycle.
- I really want to be an author, or maybe the President. Depends on the day.
Have a question? Drop me a line or leave a comment (play nice please).