Amazing when you have been away from home for a while how great it feels to return. We had an awesome time in Arizona (Hi Tom, Hi Lisa!). Isaac had some cool new experiences – the Zoo and the Airforce Museum. We also had some fabulous family bonding time.
As with any experience, I learned a few things on this trip. Here is a summary:
1. Yes you can gain 4 lbs in as many days.
2. Three year olds prefer that you “not look at them” from the 7th hour of travel on.
3. Just because it’s Nordstroms “Rack” doesn’t mean you still can’t spend too much money.
4. Sweaters are unecessary in Arizona. Period.
5. In reference to #4 – this means you must not add a “winter coat” (spanish for extra pounds) because there is no place to hide it.
6. Teenage boys are hard on the ego – especially while engaged in video games.
7. People take showers at Flying J’s. Yikes.
8. Gas is cheaper ANYPLACE than California.
9. Toyota 4 Runners can hold a ridiculous amount of people and their crap.
10. Finally, don’t tick off the CHP officer by telling him he smells like Tuna. Big Tuna will write you a ticket.Read More