All I want to do is drink my coffee but the people, oh the people, won’t leave me alone this morning! Emails, texts, phone calls all asking the same question: “What did you think of the debate?” I wish I could say that I have some incredibly original take on last night’s events. All I can offer is the following casual observations and then I will point you to some good reads about the debate, people who said it better than I can.
1. Palin was WAY TO FOLKSY. BTW – why does she have a midwestern accent? She sounds like she was auditioning for Fargo, the sequel.
2. Palin did much better than I expected. She didn’t fall down or say a name wrong or act like a total idiot. However, she did say “Joe six pack” and I wanted to throw things at the television.
3. Biden said “Bosniacs” and I immediately laughed out loud. This man is supposed to be a foreign relations expert. Yikes.
4. Biden was off his game – he is totally stumped by Palin and her “down home” nature. Normally this guy is a bulldog, I guess pit bull trumps bull dog any day.
5. I have worked in politics for years and even I couldn’t stand to watch the whole debate.
Okay, on to some good summaries………..
NY Times has an unusuall good opinion article about the debate. (Mom you will like this one)
Apparently the American people, aka Joe Six Pack, turned in big Neilson ratings for this “Thrilla in Manilla”
For those readers out there who watched – what did you think?Read More